Some people are genetically blessed when it comes to great skin: flawless, airbrushed, never a blemish…
However, for many, particularly during life changes such as puberty, menopause or stressful lifestyles, we do not all tend to be born with this wonderful gift of great skin. This is where the term ‘Skincare’ comes into its own. Guidance from your professional facial therapist, a pinch of effort and a dollop of knowledge of what to use on your own individual skin, is what makes up caring for your skin.
At V.Claire we are all about obtaining this desire of wonderful skin for all. We can all have bad skin days, but let us make most of them fabulous! Facials are of the utmost importance for a thorough consultation with your therapist and a customised treatment to target your skin’s requirements. A facial allows a deeper cleansing and continuous application and absorption of active ingredients (all plant goodness when it comes to Centella and Couleur Caramel). The skin, tissues and muscles will benefit from different massage techniques to encourage penetration and renewal.
Homecare is for maintenance of the healing and repair received during treatment. For example, a skin prone to high colouring, irritation or inflammation can be calmed with the right advice and products (e.g. a tip: apply a layer of cream cleanser over your face in the shower so heat, steam or shampoos do not aggravate the facial skin so much…. and obviously stop running the water over your face!)
Good Skin Advice:
- Cleanse without fail every evening (only in the morning if your skin is oily), ideally with a gentle, Ph neutral cleanser. With circular movements, emulsify the cleanser all over the face and remove with lukewarm water and a face cloth or on cotton discs with no water, if the skin is sensitive.
- Always protect by day with a moisturiser, adapted to your skin type.
- Night time is the BEST time to treat your skin and use serums – nourish, hydrate, repair, rebalance.
- Exfoliate and apply a mask once a week.
- Use a natural SPF over the moisturiser from Spring to the end of Autumn – SPF30
and like anything else, when it comes to skin health, go for check ups. That’s our job 🙂
Check out our Instagram for more skincare updates and advice!