Choosing a cleanser? Cleansing is THE single most important step in your skincare regime. That could be this post in its entirety, however i should probably expand!
Ladies & gentlemen, we invest in lotions & potions, promising us the fountain of youth by simply opening the jar, never mind applying it. To be practical and to the point, what about starting from the very beginning with a good cleansing routine made for your skin. How would you ask me, should you know what cleanser to use? It is all about what it is made of. Remove fancy packaging & advertisement and start to consider what you are buying into: The correct cleansing regime can rectify a number of skin issues including dehydration, sensitivity & inflammations.
Why cleanse well? Well…
- It removes pollutants that build up on the skin through the day from environmental sources such as dust & pollution.
- Our skin secretes many substances which can build up easily on some skin types, so cleansing removes the opportunity of excess blockages.
- It can reduce sensitivities and reactiveness pertaining to the capillaries and/or reddened/inflamed skin.
- If prone to breakouts, cleansing will remedy to remove excess oil & bacteria.
- Cleansing thoroughly allow a clean canvas for the skin to be able to absorb the nutrients from plant extracts contained in serums and moisturisers.
- The pH of the skin is balanced, the skin feels comfortable.
- Makeup be gone! A good cleanser is essential for the removal of makeup, particularly if your skin is prone to pimples, spots or acne.
After cleansing, the skin feels soft, radiant, clean & comfortable. Even to get this one step right, if nothing else, will be the start of a happy skin.
The right cleansing routine should gently cleanse , remove makeup, relieve tightness, dehydration & sensitivities to leave your skin clean & soft.
Our focus at V Claire is exactly this. We stock skincare brands of high quality that are 100% natural, removing the need for chemicals or synthetics.
Many wipes, cleansers, lotions & foams can contain chemicals such as phenoxyethanol, parabens, acrylates and more. These chemicals will have a tendency to sensitise and irritate the skin, which in return can exacerbate the production of sebaceous gland or inflame the skin. Simply put, try to avoid!
La Vie Claire or The Clear Life means: know your products, know the ingredients, for a healthier you
- Centella Lait Nettoyant is a gentle cleansing milk for all skin types. It eliminates impurities, brighten and soften the skin. Apply all over the face, emulsify by gentle circular movements & remove with damp, lukewarm water and cotton sponge or cloth. After every cleansing , wash off your facial cloth or sponges with a natural soap to remove bacteria.
- Hydraflore Lait Douceur is formulated for dry, dehydrated and sensitive skin. This cleansing milk respects the moisture balance of the skin thanks to its powerful trio ingredients such as vegetal Hyaluronic acid, Aloe Vera Juice & vegetal glycerol. Therefore, the skin stays supple and super hydrated.
Micellar Water Cleansers:
- Micellar Water Hydraflore is a 3 in 1 cleanse, tone & hydrate to remove makeup, leave the skin fresh and clear. Apply on cotton disc and wipe over the eyes first to remove most of the eye makeup. Use a second disc to finish to cleanse the rest of the face. If you are wearing a light makeup or no makeup, one cotton disc will suffice.
- Gel Nettoyant Hibiscus eliminates impurities, dead cells and oiliness without leaving the skin tight or uncomfortable. After washing your hands, apply 2 pumps of the gel into your hands and emulsify to create a foam. Cleanse gently by circular movements, and then rinse off with lukewarm water and a facial cloth. Wash off you cloth with a natural soap after each cleansing.
- Gel Nettoyant Iripur Hydraflore is an ultra fresh foaming gel for oily & breakouts skin. It deeply cleanse, purify and brighten the skin. Importantly, while cleansing, avoid the eye contour.
Also check out our Instagram for more updates on everything skin!